Skip to main content

Eat Eat and Repeat


New York is a culinary dream. Anything you want, you'll get. Not only that you will have so many options. So it seems rather pointless to do a best restaurants in New York post. You can't really rank them all. So below is the list of restaurants I visited and loved. If any pique your interest, go check them out.

1. Beyond Sushi
    Major must visit for all vegetarians and vegans. Beyond Sushi was an all vegetarian Sushi Bar located in Midtown. I know I couldn't believe it myself. I didn't know what vegetarian sushi would be. But they had a lot of different varieties to offer. I would recommend trying Fun Guy(dumplings) and Spicy Mang and Mighty Mushroom (Sushi rolls). Do check their amazing Lunch special offers. If you're thirsty I'd recommend the Watermelon lemonade.


2. Injera
    Injera is an Ethiopian restaurant in the West village. To everyone wondering what Ethiopian cuisine is, it is amazing is what it is. I would put this on my list of 'must visit restaurants'. Ethiopian cuisine shares a palette similar to that of Indian cuisine. This restaurant is based on the concept of a shared plate. They call it combination and one portion of that is enough to serve 2. I would also recommend trying the Veggie Sambusa.

 


3. Nix
    Nix is again an all vegetarian restaurant in Greenwich village. (If you still haven't figured it out, yes I am vegetarian) They have their menu divided into three categories. 'First order' is the table sharing appetisers, 'Lighter' are the small plates and 'Bolder' are the slightly big plates. I would recommend ordering Papadum with the eggplant dip and the avocado dip. For the lighters I would recommend the English pea dumplings and the burrata. And finally the Three grain risotto and the spicy tofu.

 




4.Aroqa
    Aroqa is a modern Indian restaurant on 9th Avenue with a few of the most offbeat dishes. These aren't dishes you would normally find in an Indian restaurant and are worth trying. I would recommend the Sabudana Tikki and the Ambarsari Bharta in the Taste Plates. The Amritsari Kulcha was amazing. You could pair it with Butternut Squash ke Kofte or Kashmiri Dum Aloo. End your meal with Dal Makhani served with rice or perhaps a Biryani.

 


5. Grand Banks
     Grand Banks is a restaurant on a boat docked on Pier 25. Now this is a very popular place for both tourists and locals. So you need to book it in advance. The place mainly serves seafood so there's not much in vegetarian dishes. However it is an amazing experience and is a great place to stop by pre-meal for a sunset drink. And they do have great fries! 


Seemed apt to end that list with Fries - my one true love! Now these were my top picks. But honestly most restaurants you would go to in New York would have amazing food. You can rarely go wrong. So please do mention your top picks in the comments. I would love to try them out next time I'm there. Or perhaps mention the ones you should definitely avoid (thankfully I didn't come across any on this trip). Whatever your experience has been, be sure to share it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in Phuket

I know everyone of you has had one of those months (yes not day) where you just can’t seem to get time to even breathe. Your days are just packed with the same monotonous routine. You know by the end of that month that you definitely need a vacation. Even if it’s just for a weekend. You need that break to stay sane! Well that’s about the state of mind I was in when my parents were planning a trip to Phuket and asked me if I was interested. Clearly that was no Sophie’s Choice for me. Duh! So there it was a vacation planned in well 2 days. Now we had about a more than two week’s time to get our visas processed. (They are extremely fast with the process). But a heads up for anyone planning a last minute vacation like this. Phuket (Thailand) has the option of Visa on Arrival. So you don’t really need to submit those documents to be submitted and delay your trip. Just have them ready on arrival in Thailand. Amazing right? Mostly yes, but you want to make sure you have all the

Lake George : An Unexpected Experience

Today my post is going to be less about the place and more about why sometimes planning becomes quite important. Well that's not true it is going to be about the place, but I will be giving a few warning messages. We had driven down to Lake George from New York over the weekend. Lake George, the Queen of American Lakes, is a popular weekend destination for most people in the New York State. The lake is situated at the base of Adirondack mountains and is spread out over many towns. The most popular attractions here include sailing in the Lake and visiting the Adirondack Park. Now this disclaimer is to anyone planing to visit Lake George in the summer. Do not visit it before Memorial Day Weekend (usually last Monday of May). Why? you ask! Because NOTHING would be open. We were definitely not aware of this. So there we were with barely anything to do for two whole days. When I say nothing will be open, I do mean most of the restaurants as well. You cannot go out into the lake and m